THREE PARTS CHANGE EVERYTHING
Look at your bag of GoPro mounts and accessories. Do you use all of them, or rely on just a few? Without a quick-change system, you end up with a bag full of parts you’re excited to use, but seldom do because of the hassle in moving your camera between mounts. The mounts available from GoPro and third party manufacturers are awesome but the changing process is a slow, creativity and stoke killing process. It’s simply too much trouble to change mounts for a single shot. So you don’t take the shot. And that sucks.
The world’s most versatile camera has been waiting for the quick-change 360 Quick Connect GoPro Mounting System from Pro Standard.
The dream quick-change system needs to:
- Eliminate having to use the GoPro mounting bolt to change mounts.
- Eliminate using the GoPro Cleat to move your camera between mounts
- Enable the user to move their camera from mount to mount with no tools, faster than the speed of human boredom.
- Be quick and simple to operate with as few parts as possible.
- Allow the user to rotate their camera to any angle between 1º and 360º.
- Feature adjustable rotational tension, so users can decide how easily the camera rotates, choosing any tension between freely rotating to locked in position.
- Enable compositional freedom so you can put you or your subject anywhere in the frame instead of "stuck in the middle".
- Feature a system of markings to eliminate the guesswork involved in setting up shots.
- Lock on to the mount so you never lose your camera.
- The pivot and rotation settings should stay the same to so you don't have to re-adjust when you move your GoPro between accessories.
- Be backwards and forwards compatible with all GoPro and 3rd party mounts and accessories.
- Be as small and as low profile as possible.
- Be light and durable.
The 360 Quick Connect System meets all these design specifications.
As a Hall of Fame snowboarder, professional photographer, filmmaker, inventor and longtime GoPro evangelist, I’ve distilled my 35 years of near-death experiences into a camera mounting system that will fundamentally change how you shoot with your GoPro. My patent pending design works with every mount and accessory you already own and it will enable you to do things with your GoPro that you never could before. Think of my 360 Quick Connect as the ultimate cheat code for your GoPro.
I love my GoPro but I hate the GoPro bolt and how “this is the only angle” GoPro’s Quick Release system is. There seems to be a mount for every sport, product, and situation but no way to change between them quickly and easily -- until now. What's needed is a way to move your GoPro from mount to mount quickly and easily without having to mess with that !$@%# bolt every time or buy into a whole new family of mounts.
Enter the 360 Quick Connect...
I wanted to put my GoPro on any angle while it's on any mount AND be able to adjust that angle on the fly, so I could up my “good shot” ratio. My 360 Quick Connect means you can spend more time shooting and less time screwing around with the GoPro bolt to go deeper into your grab-bag of mounts.
A better solution shouldn't require tossing out all the perfectly good accessories you already own, so I sat down (for way longer than I thought it would be) and created the patent pending 360 Quick Connect Camera Mounting System. It’s amazing. You can switch mounts in less time than it takes to click the Like Button. You can put your GoPro on any angle. You never have to mess with the GoPro Bolt after you mount your camera. The pivot and rotational settings lock so you don’t have to reset them when you change accessories. Because it’s so easy and so quick, you can change accessories for just one shot and then switch back to your default setting.
I boiled 360 Quick Connect down to the fewest number of parts possible while maintaining backward and forward compatibility with every mount you own. (KISS = "Keep It Simple, Stupid")
It doesn’t get much simpler: Put a 360 Quick Connect Camera Mount on your GoPro and a 360 Quick Connect cleat or tine connector on each of your GoPro accessories and you're good to go. I wanted to add to the universe of GoPro mounts and accessories in a way that makes you, the GoPro user, fall in love with your camera all over again.
Ken Achenbach, Pro Standard Founder
Member of The Snowboard Hall of Fame
Baseless Snowboard Binding
The Snoboard Shop. The first exclusive snowboard store in the world.
The Camp of Champions Summer Snowboard and Ski Camp, the action sport summer camp that wrote the blueprint for everything that has followed
Creating this amazing product wouldn't have been possible without OneOak Design, Vancouver, BC
Ken - Product testing at Powder Mountain Catskiing, Whistler, BC.